COVID19 and routine eyecare
As Metropolitan Melbourne’s relaxes COVID19 restrictions, the Victorian Premier and the Department of Health and Human Services have advised from 19 October 2020, allied health care practioners, including optometrists, can now recommence providing all health services, including routine eyecare.
We have therefore increased out capacity for testing whilst continuing to ensure optimal safety for our patients and staff.
We continue to implemen various strategies within the practice including;
- Automatic non-touch hand sanitiser at the reception counter, mandatory for any person entering the consultation room
- Digital non-contact temperature screen prior to consultation room entry
- Frequent cleaning on high touch areas
- Disinfection wipe down of the consultation room between patients
- Use of disposable surgical or N95 face masks by all staff
- Use of single use disposable instrumentation wherever possible.
- COVID-safe plan in place including daily tracking of any person in the practice for more than 10minutes.
In order to help us keep the practice COVID19 free, we have some simple requests of you
We ask that you:
- come alone if possible, or otherwise limit the number of people you bring with you. As we are limited in the number of people we can have in the store at any one time, we request that extra family members wait outside the practice wherever possible.
- For accompanied children, we request only one family member accompany the child into the consulting room.
- Use the provided hand sanitiser on our counter upon entering the practice and limit the number of surfaces you touch.
- We welcome you to try on spectacle frames and sunglasses, but please leave the frames you have tried on in the supplied tray for thorough disinfection by staff prior to frames being returned to the shelf.
- if you are experiencing any cold/flu-type symptoms, please DO NOT attend the practice & notify us so that we can reschedule your appointment
- if you have recently returned from overseas or have had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please do not attend the practice until the completion of your isolation period
We look forward to welcoming everyone back to the practice.Back...